Polish doctors said that a 25-year-old man has undergone three hours of surgery to successfully remove a screwdriver lodged about five centimeters or two inches into his head.
Doctor Jan Kochanowicz, one of the doctors who treated the man in the Polish city of Bialystok, said the man apparently fell and lost consciousness, but does not remember exactly what had happened.
After he regained consciousness, the man was at first only aware of pain in his hand before he realized that something was wrong. He went to his car, looked in themirror and realized that a screwdriver penetrated his forehead just above his right eye.
Kochanowicz told a local television news station that the man smoked a cigarette before calling a neighbor who took him to the hospital.
Luckily for the man, the screwdriver did not damage his eyes or brain.